Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A New Perspective

by ANTHONY on JULY 20, 2007

Sometimes a simple change of perspective can make all the difference. It can be like the dawn of a new day.

In response to the challenges life brings us, it’s easy to sometimes view the world from a perspective of survival. From this perspective we often examine situations and ask ourselves, "What can I get from this? What can I take? What can I gain?". This perspective is illustrated by the following picture:

One of the most powerful secrets for achieving success is to change this perspective and instead, examine the world from a perspective of contribution. Change the questions you ask yourself and instead of asking, "What can I get? What can I take? What can I gain?" ask, "What can I give? What can I share? What can I contribute?"

The most amazing thing about this change of perspective is that the more you contribute to the lives of others, the more you will receive in return.

For example if you run a business, instead of focusing on "making a sale", change your focus to "helping your customers and making a positive contribution to their life". When you do this, your customers will sense your genuine desire to help them and as a result you will gain more sales.

This Week’s Action Steps:

(1) In every situation ask yourself, "What can I give? What can I share? What can I contribute?"

(2) Make a contribution to others and enjoy the benefits life sends you in return.

Until next time,

Dare To Dream!

Anthony

source: http://www.anthonyfernando.com/2007/07/20/a-new-perspective/

1 comment:

  1. Some really good thoughts, specially as in our western societies people are to often to self centered and busy with there internal focus, totally neglecting there external focus. Thanks for sharing my prince.

    ReplyDelete