Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas song: From Heaven Above to Earth I Come

This time another german, traditional christmas song as YouTube video, called "From Heaven Above to Earth I Come (Vom Himmel hoch, da komm' ich her)" The video has the text of the song as german and english subtitles. For me this song brings many memories of christmas evening as a child with my parents back to my mind, as this song was besides some others, always played, when as a little boy I was entering our living room where the decorated christmas tree stood and the gifts were placed beneath the tree. Somehow with this song always the celebration of christmas evening on the 24th December begun. So when I hear this song, I can see myself as little boy, totally excited and nervous entering the room, seeing the love of my parents in there eyes and than getting my gifts to open under the christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment