Friday, December 11, 2009

German Christmas song: Christmas I am at home

For me this Christmas song is one of the most moving and touching songs, as it reminds me a lot of my childhood and my mother, as she really loved this song. It is a really touching song for me during this special Christmas season, because YOU are not here and I can only feel at home with you. YOU showed me what the real being at home feeling is and only with YOU our home is complete. But there is also another reason why this song beings tears to my eyes, as Dad just died a few weeks ago and now my parents are not here anymore to celebrate Christmas together.
You will understand better, reading the text of this song while listening to the music of the YouTube video.

Here is the text of this song in a explaining english translation:

I go my way in this large world, live the life the way I like, the heaven is wide, the sun is shining and I am happy if life means it good with me. But falls over night than quiet the snow, shining the stars bright and the lake reflecting them like a mirror, than I know that my dreams go on a journey and stop with reference at my memories.

Christmas, christmas I am at home, even if only in my dreams, Christmas I stay at my mothers home under the Christmas tree. I hear the bells of home, see my parents who gave me there love as a precious gift, they are sadly not here anymore, but my tears say at this christmas night thanks to them, for all they did for me.

Christmas, christmas I am at home, even if only in my dreams, Christmas I stay at my mothers home under the Christmas tree. I hear the bells of home, see my parents who gave me there love as a precious gift, they are sadly not here anymore, but my tears say at this christmas night thanks to them, for all they did for me.

Maybe this song can give you a little insight view, what Christmas means over here in Germany and what a very special family celebration it is. A quiet celebration full of peace, love, memories feelings and emotions.
As YOU are now my family and all I have, need and love, this song might explain why I look so much forward to our christmas celebration on webcam this year, as we sadly only this year will not be able to celebrate it in real together. Maybe it helps you a little to understand, why I am scared and afraid of this years christmas a little
bit, as now since four weeks the internet connection with you in Cambodia is not stable working and we always getting disconnected not having our normal family time together. Really scared and afraid that this will happen at christmas.

Honey, this song is a very meaningful song to me and was always part of our family christmas celebration and tradition when I celebrated christmas with my parents. Wanted to share this with you, as it expresses a lot about the christmas tradition over here in Germany. In other countries they might celebrate christmas like a birthday party, over here in Germany its a very sacred, holy, quiet, festive and emotional family celebration. Next year we will celebrate christmas together over here in Germany and by experiencing this, you will better understand than any word I can write here or in my mails to explain what a precious and really unique season this is over here. Even when I celebrate as Buddhist not the religious meaning of christmas, the family tradition, meaning, the love and peace of its celebration, is still very precious to me, a very, very special time of the year. IMYSM! ILYSM!

No comments:

Post a Comment