Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lecture on Ngöndro at the Buddhist center in Essen

This evening I attended a lecture with the Buddhist traveling teacher Mantas Petruskevicius from Vilnius (Lithuania) at the Buddhist center in Essen. Was a really interesting and good time there. The lecture was about Ngöndro, which refers to the preliminary, preparatory or foundational 'practices' or 'disciplines' and are common to all four schools of Tibetian Buddhism. The first of  the four Ngöndro pracitces, called Prostrations, I am right now practising since a few months and it is really a great and meaningful experience. Mantas really is a excellent teacher and I enjoyed listening to him and to learn more. Some really good thoughts, who brought more understanding to me and enriched my mind. 

More information on this practices can be found at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ng%C3%B6ndro

No comments:

Post a Comment