Monday, February 15, 2010

Ministry confirms cases of cholera

The Ministry of Health has reported that more than 100 Cambodians have tested positive for cholera since November, reversing its initial refusal to confirm the presence of the disease and simultaneously defending its handling of the outbreak.

Speaking at a joint press conference held with the World Health Organisation (WHO) on Friday, Minister of Health Mam Bunheng said there had been 128 confirmed cholera cases and one death. About 65 percent of the cases involved children under the age of 15, and the single recorded fatality was an 82-year-old man from Takeo province who died after contracting cholera in January, he said.

To read more: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/index.php/2010021532041/National-news/ministry-confirms-cases-of-cholera.html

PLEASE be careful! ILYSM!

No comments:

Post a Comment