Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bochan Huy- Cambodian American Singer and Songwriter

Ever wondered what music infused with Rock, R & B, Soul and Khmer would sound like? Neo Singer Bochan Huy (Bochan) has alloyed traditional and contemporary sounds filled with acoustic melodies and funky electro beats consummated with her soulful voice.
Bochan rediscovered her passion for music after the tragic loss of her father. Through her music, her father's memory is kept alive.

Quietly sowing the seeds of a Neo-Cambodian breakout movement - Cambodian American Singer/Songwriter Bochan.

"I was 9 years old, my heart was racing with excitement as I anxiously waited backstage. These butterflies were different, they were not the kind that you get from being nervous but the kind that overwhelms your body with joy. And then it happened. For the first time ever in front of such an audience, I sang my heart out. And that was it, the beginning of a lifelong journey to come. I’m a dreamer and a believer. I believe in the goodness of all things and that impossible is just an opinion."
-- Bochan

To read more and a interesting interview with Bochan can be found at: http://www.cambodianallianceforthearts.com/2010/10/bochan-huy-cambodian-american-singer.html?spref=fb

1 comment:

  1. check out her latest music video for "chnam oun 16" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HohyllfineM

    ReplyDelete